Friday, May 29, 2009

Monrovia

Nate and I moved to Monrovia a week ago and are settling in nicely.

We're staying at a house owned by absent missionaries and cohabiting with two extremely agreeable and generous Germans. Within an hour of arriving, one had scaled the roof to install our Wifi receptor. The other knows how to fly helicopters, and the import of one for missionary medical work will occupy them for the next couple of weeks. I will post photos if I manage to convince them to land the helicopter in our yard.

For those of you who have expressed an interest in what I'm up to, this blog will keep you looped on what I'm up to. It will include exploring West Africa, surfing in Liberia, teaching yoga in a post-conflict country, my public health work, and the environmental conservation and community tourism project that Nate and I are starting. I look forward to sharing the journey.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Elie. We'll try to call today before we take off for Europe.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you Elie! We will try to call today before we head off to Europe. Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to have a way to see what you're up to. warm wishes from california/new york.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments! They help to inform my posts and are very much appreciated.