Monday, February 22, 2010

Setting priorities

Photo of the Robertsport Community Campsite courtesy of Doug Calhoun.

We're about to start a major new project, just as my consulting work and co-directing Robertsport Community Works is really taking off. Add a weekly community yoga class I teach at the US Embassy, my surfing habit and the time I like to make for writing, collaging and relaxing with Nate, and it becomes essential to set clear priorities.

So, how do you do that? How do I make sure each day has an adequate mix of work, creative work, time for yoga, myself and my relationships, and fun? So far, I've been taking it one day at at time, being easy on myself, practicing and setting clear boundaries (which doesn't always work, but I try), and enjoying the process of so many cool projects.

It's amazing to be able to have such a rich and varied life here--surfing at dawn, consulting from my laptop, working with the Robertsport community on projects that matter to them, and putting together the perfect spot for sundowners in Monrovia.

Whenever things get a little too busy, I stop to remind myself how grateful I am for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments! They help to inform my posts and are very much appreciated.