Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Overheard in Monrovia, 4

"Ghana is playing suburbia."
World Cup spectator referring to the Algeria-Serbia match.

"Dude, you're so bad at talking to women, you should write a book on Facebook about how not to talk to women."
--Anonymous

"Shall I pull their heads off while they're alive?"
"Yes."
Solomon, having misgivings about prepping shrimp that are trying to jump out of the bucket.

"If I ate that every day, for weeks and weeks, I would look like the Notorious B.I.G."
Mawuli, our Head Bartender, paying me a compliment upon eating my coconut lemongrass curry.

"I know the rawness of the African living."
Email to an NGO from a prospective volunteer.

"One man, one cup."
Taxi bumper in Duwala market, 'nough said

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments! They help to inform my posts and are very much appreciated.