Thursday, September 30, 2010

Overheard in Monrovia, 6

"If you hold it like that, it will slap you."
-- Ma Bendu, advising me to hold the sea turtle we were releasing upside down until we put it in the water. She was right.

"Did you just put that you're working 881 days this year?"
"I think so."
-- Nate and I, correcting my math.

"It's so hot, it feels like the sun is branding the center of my brain."
"We don't have nearly as many ways of talking about heat as you do. In my culture, we just say, 'It's hot.'"
-- Nate and Solomon, on the way to Robertsport.

Have something to share? Email me and I'll post it in the next installment of 'Overhead in Monrovia'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments! They help to inform my posts and are very much appreciated.